Unify the collection and storage of documents, files and email within a secure single source platform using OpenText Archiving software systems.
“Having all email in one location, being able to search in one place and put a legal hold in one location instead of potentially seven or eight is huge for us on the legal end. It’s all managed by OpenText”
Clint Wentworth, Records and Information Manager NuStar Energy
Archiving Software Solutions
Archiving systems continue to be a critical component to Enterprise Information Management (EIM) to secure key business documents, files and email within a single source platform. OpenText Archive delivers highly scalable, proven solutions for archiving and managing the information lifecycle on a broad range of enterprise information including email, files, SharePoint data, and structured information including ERP data (SAP, Oracle), instant messaging, web and social content into a single managed repository.
Coupled with industry-leading records management and auto-classification software, OpenText Archive supports rich capabilities to drive compliant retention and disposition policies. As such, organizations can deploy a defensible, long-term archiving strategy to comply with Information Governance requirements, meet legal obligations, and reduce the overall costs associated with archiving unnecessary content.
OpenText Archive systems minimize the impact of users consuming data with transparent, tight integration to lead applications (Outlook, Lotus Notes, SharePoint, SAP etc) ensuring data is readily available and integrated, driving improved operational efficiency, and end-user productivity.
Establish consistent, auditable and defensible Information Governance across your business
Enterprise information is growing at an exponential rate, where business applications are moving from the desktop to a variety of mobile devices and where information itself resides anywhere – on premise or in the cloud. The firewall is no longer the “boundary” of the business, making it harder than ever to enforce information management policies and ensure compliance.
Companies everywhere are realizing the value that an Information Governance initiative can have for their business—in more ways than one. With the amount of information growing at an exponential rate, new regulations and policies are constantly coming into effect, and this has increased both the need for, and value of, Enterprise Information Management.
Best practices and solutions that help meet compliance and risk mitigation mandates imposed by law, regulators, or internal quality standards are complemented by a keen focus on developing ways to capitalize on the kinds of productivity and efficiency gains that grow out of an asset-management approach to corporate information. Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions can help companies deliver a governance program to deal with corporate information, the consumers and creators of that information, in the context of real business processes.
Successful Information Governance programs demand that companies balance the needs and priorities to mitigate legal and business risk, take advantage of information to drive business value, and minimize the costs of managing information.
OpenText Archive Center covers a broad spectrum of archiving challenges all within a single, secure archive – in the cloud, on premise or hybrid.
- All content types, all in one archive.
- Accelerate your time to compliance.
- Optimize email server and lead applications and ensure legal and organization compliance.
Optimize Exchange performance, while allowing users to work as they always have, retrieving archived messages from Microsoft Outlook with full fidelity in a single click
- Optimize email server performance and reduced support overhead.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Support for user initiative or automated, rules based archiving.
Automate the capture of shared file systems into a single repository to ensure content integrity, avoid redundancy, reduce storage costs, and enable records management.
- Reduce data redundancy and IT footprint.
- Centrally store data within a manage repository.
- Provide seamless access for end users.
More effectively manage SharePoint sites to enforce broader compliance and archiving policies, open access to all enterprise content, and lower ongoing administration and storage costs.
- Accelerate and govern the rollout of SharePoint Sites.
- Consistent compliance and archiving policies across all enterprise content.
- Improve user productivity by providing access to content from numerous enterprise. sources directly through SharePoint in the context of business applications and processes.
Reduce costs and mitigate the risks of non-compliance and litigation concerning email content. Poorly managed email represents significant corporate risk and potential liability.
- Offload email from mail servers to cost effective storage for long-term retention.
- Securely store, manage, and retrieve email content.
- Assess, identify, manage and destroy business content in accordance with regulations and policies.
Secure compliance and bolster efficiency with SAP data and document archiving.
- Business documents are securely archived and attached to SAP transactions and processes.
- Ensure compliance and reduce risks by secure long-term archiving of SAP data and documents.
- Gains in operational efficiency thru integrating business documents with SAP transactions.